The seven signs quest is a quest that gives a good amount of xp but it also an epic end-game quest, at least for the time it was published in chronicle High 5. This quest is kind of a cult among Lineage 2 lovers and although it has been nerfed in the later Chronicles it still remains an extremely well designed and inspiring quest to do. I wrote this article when I did it in the older chronicles when it was extremely difficult to complete and I am keeping the text for historical reasons. If you want to read how the 7 Signs Quest is now, click on this link to read my latest experience with it on Ramona (Eu Official Server).
~ ~ ~
Unfortunately, it is also a kind of hard quest to do. When I did it for the first time, I got stuck at the dungeon with the Guards of Dawn for more than 2 hours. The dungeon expires after one hour and for 2 hours straight I was trying to get pass the guards. Of course I read the tutorials and the watched the videos on YouTube but somehow that was not enough. I was getting stuck at the guards of the long corridor. Here I will tell you how I passed them and few tips that are not always included in tutorials:
- Υou have to dismiss the frustration and bring some chips with you at your PC. Have breaks between the rooms to relax and when you are making an attempt, be concentrated.
- Female guards do not see you at all when you are invisible. Male guards do see you if you get near them, in a specific radius. That means that they see you even if their back is turned to you, if you are near enough. So don’t worry about them facing or not facing towards you, worry about the distance you have with them.
- When passing through the long corridor where the guards are very close to each other do not use the invisibility skill so that you can run faster. Also, use speed buffs like Wind Walk or Song of Wind if available. I believe that controlled speed is the key here.
- Judging by my initial total failure and my subsequent unexpected success… you probably have to train yourself doing this dungeon for at least 4 hours (!!!) before expecting to succeed. With my second char I managed, to my great surprise, to pass through the problematic room quite easily. So I guess training and Wind Walk is the key.
- What may also have contributed to my passing through is the fact that I lowered the graphics that day (alt+P). So you may want to try that out as well.